Tuesday, May 17, 2011

1st day letter-MTC Provo

Day 1: MTC

I am a missionary! How wild! It still hits me in waves. I am so grateful for everyone's love and support in this whole process. I dearly love you all!...And I finally made it to the MTC. My first day has been a whirlwind. We were given room assignments, and mine is the furthest away from everything. My host said,  "I hope you don't get put in 3M" and of course it's my bldg:) My district is great. We have 4 sisters which is lucky! We are also roomies so that is extra bonding. MY COMPANION IS THE COOLEST!  She's from Sydney Australia and her name is Sister Bush. She's darling, spunky,  about 5'5" and ready to serve her mission:) We get along very well already. Everyone in my district is going to Ca. English speaking(different areas around San Fran. except me.:)

Had a salad for dinner-feeling sheepish about the food but I'll get better and braver, I'm sure. I'm safe, I'm healthy, and I love the MTC so far!

Honestly it just seems surreal. I keep thinking about Tiff, Hunt, TJ here doing just this same thing. I also think of the boys. I look around at all these cute 19 year olds and I just see Dylan everywhere. I can't wait to write him and express how happy I am with him and how excited I am for him to have this opportunity.
I am sorry this is a short letter but it's been a whole 8 hrs. now of processing information and I am beat.I love you so much. I am so happy to be here to show the Lord how grateful I am for this Gospel and the great calling I have to  "invite others to come unto Christ by helping them recieve the restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentence, baptism, recieving the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.
That is our purpose statement... which I am currently memorizing. Pray for me! I will pray for you as always,

Love and Hugs,  Sister Lovell

No comments:

Post a Comment